Monday, August 5, 2013

Quicker Picker-Upper

I like to think that I'm immune to most advertisements. Usually, I can block out the near-constant bombardment of slogans, logos, jingles, and colors designed specifically to catch my eye and remind me to "Eat Fresh." Of course, this doesn't mean I don't notice them. There are some jingles that will live in my head forever. To this day, I cannot spell bologna without singing the Oscar Meyer song. What I mean is I don't really think they influence what I purchase all that much.

Except for one thing.

Bounty.

That's right. The only ad that worms its way into my brain and demands I purchase what it's selling is one for paper towel. It makes me believe, deep in my soul, that Bounty really is twice as durable as it's leading competitor, and is so strong, it can even be used when wet. What really gets me is those damn demonstrations. Seeing Bounty absorb all that weird blue liquid while the other, inferior, towel leaves behind smears it so compelling.

I know Bounty can't be trusted. I know other paper towels can probably perform as well or better. I know it's just part of grand marketing scheme designed to make me feel this way, but I don't care. Bounty is the only one for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment